Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Son Flowers by Jen Matott

While at a crop recently, I was challenged to use up some of my older paper in my stash... so, not one to back down from a creative challenge, I agreed!    I used some of my older Prima and Studio Calico papers to create the background.  I also used some of my older Sassafras Lass stickers!   BUT I also mixed in some of UmWow Studio's Chipboard and Flair!

 Look at that gorgeous chipboard!  They are Flourishes Two and have a very vintage feel to them. I love how they pair with the paper flowers and fabric leaves for extra texture!
 My son, Mark, used to pick me flowers all the time.  He especially loved the dandelions because they reminded him of the sun... he called them "sunflower". I call them "son" flowers!  LOL! 
I used some of my Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle through an arrow stencil.
 Here you can see the paper flowers I made using my Cricut Art Booking cartridge along with some more Flourishes Two chipboard and a Flair from The Bee's Knees Set.  Those yellow flowers are perfect for this page!
Even though summer months are behind us here in Central New York, I have my memories!  Those will keep me warm in the cold months (or at least that is what I'm telling myself :)!


Materials:
UmWow Studio Flourishes Two Chipboard
UmWow Studio The Bee's Knees Flair
Papers: Prima Marketing Sunrise Sunset paper pack and Studio Calico
Cricut Art Booking Cartridge
Stencil: Crafter's Workshop
Prima Marketing leaves
Sassafras Lass border sticker
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Whipped Spackle
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Essential PITT Artist Pens
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pen in black
American Craft twine
Kraft doily
India Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment