Saturday, July 5, 2014

BOOM!!!

Hello and Happy Saturday!  I am so excited to be with y'all and UWS for another DT term!  I freakin' LOVE UWS product and how hip and fun it is to create with!

Today, I am sharing a Bright and Colorful tag, full of Energy and Motion!



I often create tags when I want to experiment with new products or techniques.  I NEVER throw my experiments away and often use them on future projects; scrapbook layouts, mixed media canvas, and cards.  I also use them to create more intricate tags and full 'just because' projects.

The inspiration for my tag started with the main tag.  When I received the Light Bulb mask, I wanted to try it out on a tag.  I loved how it looked, but didn't have an immediate product in mind.  So I stashed it in my 'Tag' drawer, where it sat for several months.

Then BOOM!  It hit me.  How about a tag with one of the freakin' awesome Comic Book Speech Bubble chips?  Ah Yes! (I layered the Comic Book Speech Bubble chip over a piece of Grid Border chip.)


I layered the Light Bulb tag over a 'cut in half' tag, created with Shimmerz 'Dazzerlz' and 'Vibez'.  This created a pop of Blue and Green color!


I pulled out some 'extra' UWS chip bits, the hat from the Photo Booth Props Chip set, and a circle from the Circle Confetti set.  I love how the smallest bits add the perfect little touch!

I finished it off with several rhinestones, ribbon, and sticker sentiment!  So much fun!



So next time you want to experiment and play - pull out some tags!  You never know when they will end up in a finished project!

Tina

4 comments:

  1. GREAT tag, Tina!!! I love the movement and energy of all the details together...and how you used several "experiment" tags to make such another AMAZING one! Thanks for sharing...and the the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shazam! This is really sensational. The colors and the layers really pack a Kapow!

    ReplyDelete