Friday, March 14, 2014

You Are Here

dsc_0187
Greetings, UmWowStudio fans!! It's Amy here today, to share a layout I made, that focuses on some emotions I've been dealing with lately. Nothing soothes me more than having some creative time to work anxieties out, and using my favorite chipboard, flair, and masks is extra fun. Our family has some changes ahead, that may include moving from our home area, and everything has been up in the air. Time has seemed to pass so slowly, waiting for word of what is next. So, I made this project...that shows my impatience on the matter. :)  
dsc_0199
 After painting up my background on the 7 Dots Studio Nature Walk paper, I used the circle confetti mask, and some heavy body paint, to add some interest around the area I planned to place the view finder-film reel chipboard piece. When that was complete, I painted the view finder chipboard with Viva Decor Ferro paint in graphite, as well as some rusty copper acrylic, to add a vintage look. I also layered up some Prima flowers, metal embellishments, and the skull bead, to give the chip the look of both film and a clock (time is passing, but not quick enough for me). Also in this top cluster is the "you are here" flair image, from the butterfly kisses collection, and the number 1 chipboard piece, from the numbered round tabs.

dsc_0206
 I decided that the bottom of the page looked lonely, and needed some flair (pardon the pun), so I added the "destiny is calling" flair piece, also from the Butterfly Kisses flair set, as well as the number 5 from the numbered tabs. Layering more Nature Walk papers, washi tape, flowers, and stamping almost finished it up.

dsc_0188















To complete my layout, I scattered some hexagon and star confetti to add a few extra sprinkles of interest across the page.  
I am really happy with how this turned out, and hope that it will be a good reminder to me, in the days, months and possibly years to come, that patience is all I needed, because no matter what.........we will end up where we're meant to be. 
 Have a great weekend all, and thanks for having a look today! 
~Amy

Supply List:
UmWowStudio Chipboard: numbered tabs, hexagon confetti, star confetti, view finder-film reel
UmWowStudio Flair: Butterfly Kisses
UmWowStudio Mask/Stencil: Circle Confetti
Other products: 7 Dots Studio Nature Walk Papers; Tissue Tape, word stickers-Tim Holtz; metal embellishments-7 Gypsies, Bead Landing; Flowers-Prima, Recollections; Skull bead, watch parts-Retro Cafe Art; Paint-13 Arts, Luminarte, Plaid
Stamps: 7 Dots Studio (nature walk), Viva Las VegaStamps!, vintage

5 comments:

  1. WOW - I'm speechless. I am sitting here staring at this masterpiece! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, you are SO kind!! Thank you so much, I'm so glad you like it!! :)

      Delete
  2. Stunning Amy! Layers and color and texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are stunning!!! This layout is not an exception!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! So georgeous layout! I can't stop looking at it :-)

    ReplyDelete