Sunday, June 9, 2013

Mixed Media Demo -- June {A tag}

Good afternoon folks :) 


If you've been following the blog for long you'll know that every first Sunday of the month I do a free mixed media demo locally in Las Vegas. 

Today I'm sharing the tag we worked on last week! 


Join us at The Crafting Place on Russel every first Sunday of the month from 1-3 for a FREE mixed media demo --- we'll explore new materials and techniques each time!


For June I chose to share some black gesso and Silks acrylic glazes! 



The tag uses the gorgeous Sunflower stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps!, Star Confetti Chip from UmWowStudio, Black acrylic gesso, black Archival ink by Ranger, Twine and ribbon by May Arts, adhesives by Helmar, and various Silks Acrylic Glazes by Luminarte and Splash Of Color. 

Basically the gesso has been applied as a "starry night" feel, and heated with a heat gun to get some extra texture. The stamp was stamped and embossed then "water colored" with the acrylic glazes. The stars and ribbon were adhered with Helmar adhesives as a final step.

Don't forget.. some of our tags may seem simple in comparison to others.. but we're sharing and experimenting with techniques and products! 

8 comments:

  1. I love this tag! I almost bought black gesso last week, but didn't know what I'd do with it. Now I have some great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Love the black background! Who makes the colored gesso?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black gesso is perfect for a starry night. Love the sunflower stamp, star confetti and ribbon too! I wonder what might happen if one added a little bit of dark blue acrylic, such as chipped sapphire? I've wondering what to do with my black gesso. Thanks so much for the ideas and pretty inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ack! I love this...how beautiful and dreamy! I wish I could attend your class in person, but this is pretty great to see a fun new technique. :) I adore the colors, and the addition of the little stars in the sky. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this tag! I have a small bottle of black gesso that I have been trying to figure out what to do with . . . now I know. :) Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and inspiring all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, and awesome inspiration, Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooohhhh... Nice and dark with a hint of light! Very very nice! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete