Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Paper Posies!! (for SarahMichelle)

These are some paper flowers (I'm not taking credit - I've put together a couple of things I've learned from others and a few of my own ideas for these) that I love making. And I saw some awesome ones on SarahMichelle's page.. so I wanted to share these!!



Start with strips of paper.. and your scalloped edge scissors (the ones that come to a point.. not flat line). Be sure to cut your strips with the scallops OUT not in and try to line up the scallops as best as possible.. it'll be worth it when folding.



Then accordion fold the paper.. front to front - back to back.. where the edges of the scallops line up. Secure the two edges of the paper together.. making a complete circle.



Optional: ink the edges.. I love inking edges! then press in the middle to make the accordion fan out around the edges.. flip it over and glue (I like hot glue.. it holds well) to keep the accordion folds in place. Flip it over to see the pattern.. and adorn with your favorite buttons and embellishments!!












Edit: I'm sure a paper crimper may come in handy as well!

3 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! I am not at home right now but as soon as I get back I am going to have to make some. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute flowers. Thanks for the great tutorial and for stopping by the DRS Designs blog to enter our giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the link to get here and for the fantastic tutorial! I was wondering how these were made! I cant wait to check out the rest of your blog! ♥

    ReplyDelete